Saturday 29 August 2009

Jacob's Ladder

Hurray most of you say it the Week-end, here in the England it a holiday week-end I say England I know it not in Scotland but I think Wales & possible Northern Ireland have it, it called August Bank Holiday this is our last one until Christmas.
A friend Ros she in a Friday Block Party & I have comment on the lovely blocks she does well we were chatting & she sent me the fabric with it marked out to do Jacob's Ladder block this is one I haven't done before she said it good as a scrappy one.
Well the fabric she sent is the bottom block she had marked out the triangles seams on the fabric for me to sew & cut & sent the 4 patch squares so that the result, of course I had another set of triangles over so I cut some more squares for the 4 patch & did the top one using my fabric it is a easy block & very interesting the blocks I have done are 8 inch but I guess like all blocks you can do them what ever size you wish
Thanks Again Ros it nice trying new blocks & if they are ready to do then it even better for the first attempt.
I have no plans for the week-end well it looks like it will be our usual holiday weather not so good well I hope to cut some fabric out for some blocks for the DJ Quilt it not going to be small blocks I am doing them 9 inch finish if you check out my post in March you see some I have already done I do really need to push on with these, now while I don't have any UFOs this is a sort of WIP & UFO as I don't work on it as much as I should so may be I can this week-end, What will you all be doing this week-end & what will you be working do tell, what ever you are doing have a good one.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jacobs ladder. The first quilt retreat I went to we worked on a quilt called Jacobs Fan, a combination of the ladder block and a fan block. I'll get it out and post it one day. It should be on a list of UFOs because I haven't touched it in years. Have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice, I made Jacobs Ladder blocks when I first learnt to quilt...lovely colour combination you have used...hugs lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely block and so colorful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again