Friday 21 August 2009

Festival Of Quilts Gala Dinner

Below are the photos what I took at the Hilton in Birmingham, which I went to for the Festival of Quilts Gala Dinner.
It was a great night I really enoyed it, I got to meet Kim & Marc from TBLOVERS2 which was great also Kim's friend from Jersey in the Channel Islands (sorry can't remember her name) Kim is from Jersey & is the list owner of the Group & Marc a member from Luxembourg.
The other photo is of Gillian (assistant Editor) & Katy (Web Editor) of the UK Quilting Magazine Popular Patchwork I was on their table as I won the ticket for the gala dinner from the magazine.
Now to the dinner I did try to take a photo of the function room but it came out way too dark, I was on a table that had a 3rd prize winner in one of the catergories I did think her one was better than the runner up she was with her friends & they all came from Devon.
The meal was very nice & I enjoyed it very much but you wouldn't get fat on the portion sizes that for sure but it was right for me especially as we didn't start to eat until 8pm so that was fine now here is what we had
Starter: Warm Goat's Cheese & Sun Blushed Tomato Tart with Saffron Cream Sauce
Main: Pan Fried Cornfed Chicken with Pancetta & Wild Mushrooms in a Red Wine Sauce, Crushed Roasted Potatoes with Herbs Cougette, Brocolli & Babycorn.
Dessert: Mango Bavarois with Meringue Topping ( I am sure it was Cream not meringue as on the menue)
Followed by coffee & Mints
The dessert was really nice that i enjoyed very much but I have always been a sweet person lol the Babycorn were really baby & I don't think I had more than one potatoe if you put it together & not much brocolli but as I said it was enough for me but I am sure if you had not eaten you could be left feeling hungry.
After the meal came the Speeches & Awards, there was one catergory which was for Young Quilter/Young Embrodier first ages was 5-8 yes I was surprised & when I saw their work puts my to shame next was 9-11 then 12-16 looking at all their work I can see that we have some good Quilters & Embrodiers coming up, there was also one for Primary Schools & Secondary Schools
The drive up to the Hotel was not too bad but I did miss the turning as roadworks ect but I just went to next junction & came back on myself coming back was much better as not as much traffic even if it was dark i got home around 11pm as I left before it complete giving out the awards because of the drive home, I can say that I really enjoyed myself & had a great time & like to thank Popular Patchwork for the ticket.
Above from Left Gillian & katy from Popular Patchwork Magazine
Above Kim, Marc & Me (TBLovers2 Group)

Above Kim & her friend from Jersey plus Me
Below is Kim & Me


Below me before heading off to the Hilton Hotel







8 comments:

  1. Well dont you look swish!!! And OMG that menu sounds to die for. YUMMMM
    Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  2. my oh my you look grand..wow that was some meal you had great to hear you had a good time,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was a special night to attend. Nice menu too. I am glad that you had a good time meeting people and enjoying yourself. Regards, Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning a ticket for the Gala Dinner.....lovely meal into the bargain...Warm Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked lovely in amongst all the celebrities!!
    The dinner sounded wonderful....too bad it wasn't more. Sometimes they put too much into presentation and not enough into quantity!! I go for quantity EVERY time! ha ha
    Take care!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a memorable evening! Congratulations on having the winning ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Janice, glad you enjoyed yourself, and that you managed to see some of the Quilts. Well done. Yu looked lovely too, great photo's. lol Jan x
    ps--the green nails worked, I got one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice ,it,s cottonreel ,you left a comment on my blog ,thankyou . Iv,e just scrolled through your blog , some nice blocks there.
    I live in Leicestershire and went to the F qu,. always enjoy it but so tired aftrwards .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again