Friday 14 August 2009

Grandmother's Puzzle & Some Socks



I have been working on another block this is for a Thimbleberries online quilting group I joined as I said before Thimbleberries is my favourite anyway I did this block for their August Lottery it is called Grandmother's Puzzle Block & of course I used TB fabric.
I have won off ebay 3 Thimbleberry books they are not the thick hardback but ones that has a few patterns in the 3 are titled" Cosy Quilts II" a collection of flannel quilts, "Farmhouse Flannels" Classic Country & last " North Bay Quilts" Classic Country, now I don't expect that I will use flannel on any but thought I could use the cotton reason i doubt I use flannel it harder to get here & when you do it will be expensive so if I want to do them i think I will use cotton TB fabric, I did get the books at a good price which is why I got them i doubt I would have if they been full price.
I finished a pair of socks these are going in to the Gift Stash which is for Christmas, I hope to start another pair shortly I do find I enjoy knitting them no pattern i just let the yarn do the pattern as you can see how it knitted up the yarn was Twister which I got from Germany.

3 comments:

  1. Anyone who knits socks is amazing! I just buy mine! I am lazy like that.
    And I'm sure I've done that block.. yours is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block and socks are wonderful!
    You have been busy!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. More socks for my Christmas Stocking hey...LOL...love them...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again