Wednesday 16 September 2009

Mid-Week Report


It is already mid-week, & so far I haven't done as much as I would like well have spent some money that I can't afford lol I ordered some Plain/Solid colour sock yarn it is Regia 4 ply I got a Dark Green & a Brown these will do for DH, I ordered on Monday arrived Tuesday.

I then went & ordered more sock yarn from the place which is in the UK & if you spend over £10 postage free I ordered 8 more balls but this time I have some Bamboo yarn well it still Regia but it discontinued & it 40% bamboo the balls are only 50 grm so need 2 balls for a pair of socks so got 2 different shades so that the 4 balls & the other 4 balls I ordered some self-patterning one.

I have also ordered some Non-Slip squares & a A4 cutting mat the mat is so I can take it to my quilting group the squares are 5.5" 8.5" & 15.5" I thought the large one would be good for doing some blocks for bags I like to square up what I do & I am trying to build up my collection of templates.

My DH went off out & he found me some lovely thimbles as I collect them well I do but hadn't bother in ages then I was talking to someone in Australia & we doing a swap & it got my interest up again so I got some more little cabinets & DH has put them on the wall I keeping one just for the ones he buys me then rest can go in the other 2 cabinets that he put up.

No photos to share today may be tomorrow if i can finish the blocks I am working I must say while I like the Dutch 9 Patch I much prefer it if there is more than one to do in the same colour than if I have to do each one separately in different colours so will be glad when they are finished.

I hope everyone is busy with their projects I have nearly finish the 1st of a pair of socks for DH with yarn I had I do want to put these away for Christmas for him that the only think he does see me knitting & I know he knows the plain colours are for him lol you all have a good day now

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you collected thimbles...so do I.
    You were quite busy with everything!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again