Tuesday 29 September 2009

A Christmas Gift Challenge End of Wk 3

Well end of the week 3 of this challenge (21st-27th) & again I have only managed one gift which is a pair of socks these are done in Regia Bamboo yarn which I got the the other week it was down as a discontinued yarn so it was reduce it come in 50 grms balls & of course needed 2 balls I do have some over but not enough for another pair of socks.
I an trying to do more this week, & have some quilting gifts done apart from needed to do them I am trying to keep more busy this week, as I approach the date of my mum's passing I must say I am getting a little weepy as I think back to this week a year ago as I spent each day with her in the care home & knowing her life was drawing to a close but at least she not suffering anymore which towards the end she was but I am also remembering some happy moments along the way of that week one was how happy she was seeing the sock I done.
Sorry if I am getting a bit soppy but we all love our mums & miss them when they are not longer with us, don't forget to check out the Give-Away in her Memory that I am doing it the earlier post & the lucky name will be drawn out on Monday 5th so entries close on Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. Remember the good times with your mother. They'll make this difficult time easier to get through. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your socks!!!
    Sending a big hug to you from VA.
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart......I understand that you are hurting and rightfully so. We are always our Mom's little girl regardless the age. Big hugs coming to you.
    Take care,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, I sooo need those socks here this morning, it's 40 degrees and I have the flu. sending big hugs to you, I can't imagine the day I loose my mom...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the socks look wonderful! losing a mom is always hard! It does get easier though...especially when you realize that she is always with you.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. as always your socks are wonderful. It amazing to think that your mum has been with the angels now for a year, remember she is not hurting and would dearly love to be with you. Remember with love and not sadness. I don't think she would want that.
    Love ya!!!
    Diana Yard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice, you are way ahead of me in your Christmas gifts. I have no one in Marathon really and the ones away for the great nieces and nephews they just get money as kids are too hard to buy for now a days. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice, you are way ahead of me in your Christmas gifts. I have no one in Marathon really and the ones away for the great nieces and nephews they just get money as kids are too hard to buy for now a days. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again