Saturday 18 July 2009

Blocks I did at my Quilting Group




Today was my Quilting Group day I had the templates for cutting the fabric to take with me so off I went this morning to the group.

The first one I had to do after getting the assemble instructions was to sew it the block was Martha Washington Star this one is the two fabric block (Orange & Brown) I didn't mind doing this okay practice makes perfect well that never going to happen no matter how long I practice lol

This afternoon's one well that is the 4 fabric one (2 Greens & 2 Pinks) & is called Stars over Tennessee Well I do like the block very much as long as I don't have to do it if I had been at home I would have thrown it in to the bin lol

When I came home & showed DH & said about it he said well you have to practice it more lol

The day was very enjoyable as usual & I am learning a lot so I don't mind if I am doing blocks or something else it all helps me learn how to do what I don't know & believe me I know very little lol
If you go to Jans Musings from around Sunday onwards you may get to see some of the blocks that some of the other members did

4 comments:

  1. I love your blocks! Glad that you had such an enjoyable day!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice,
    Oh what an eventful day that was. Phew, I am shattered. So much to take in. Pleased you enjoyed it me dear, just sorry we didn't get to have a chat, too much going on!!! or not!!!!
    Hey, you tell your hubby from me, you are the tops, first finished and only been coming a short time.
    Way to go Janice. I think your blocks are fab myself.
    lol Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are awesome! Well done. I love the green/pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blocks. Since seeing them, I've been searching the web for the Stars over Tennessee pattern. Unfortunately, I can't find it, but I've always got your beautiful picture as a guide if I decide I want to make it. Glad you had such a productive and fun day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again