Thursday 28 May 2009

My Trainer/Sports Socks


Well it nearly the end of the week, this week in the UK children have been on holiday so it been a quiet week not that school holidays affect me anymore all my lot have grown up (or so they say lol) & have children of their own.

I had a mixed week I been working on some hotpads/potholders which I am still working on & hope to show them soon, but I have started & finished a pair of trainer/sports socks for myself which you can see.


The socks are done by doing 10 rows rib I casted on 56 stitches using 3.5mm DPs knit one row then change to 2.75mm to do a K1 P1 rib until I done the 10 rows then change to knit for another 10rows then i start the heel flap & continue as I would if I was doing a normal socks these socks are great with trainers/Sport shoes when you need something on your feet but don't want ones that are longer.


I also had been reading a lot & took that time for me I enjoy a nice time travel romance, I just finished Tryst in Time & Tempest in Time both by Eugenia Reiley these are set in the Old South either just before or after the Civil War, I have another book to read but not by her.

Now that I have finished my socks & my new recliner sofa arrived (7.30am) this morning I will be able to put my feet up & relax when I want to be it reading or knitting.

4 comments:

  1. WOW they look so good. Clever old you. Hey enjoy that recliner. Can just see you in it. Asleep!!!! hahahaha lol Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan
    I very rarely fall asleep in a chair so the recliner won't do it but it be nice to relax in.
    I enjoy doing the socks i only learnt how to do proper socks last year so still learning
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I am a crocheter but have just learned to knit and joined the knitting sock group hope mine come out as beautiful as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I am a crocheter but have just learned to knit and joined the knitting sock group hope mine come out as beautiful as yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again