Friday 20 May 2011

Gifts & a Book I ordered

This past week has been a funny one now I am not in to believing in Friday the 13th but DH lost his keys which included the spare for the car so after a week of searching & him saying he don't take them out the house, reporting it to police & asking the bus station if anyone has handed them in plus searching the house & his clothes, we went & got them copied yesterday.
This Morning he went to get his zip up cardigan/jacket which he wears sometimes & what is in the pocket yes that right his keys lol
Well to compensate the postman has been very good to me a friend has sent me a lovely package I had been asking about calico as what the USA calls calico & what we do is different so she said she would send me some well she gone way above that
I received not only some Calico she sent 3 pieces of fabric which has some really lovely outdoor scenic prints a Hot Iron Transfer of Bird Houses 2 patterns plus 2 books one for Breast Cancer & the other Christmas the first 3 photos shows the goodies.
I also received the book I ordered I had got the DVD for this which is Reversible Quilts & was waiting on the book so now I have both 
I did a Pot Holder/Hot Pad yesterday using the method as far as the block was concerned didn't do a reversible binding just wanted to try out doing the block.
So all in all this week is ending much better than last week when the keys was lost lol






3 comments:

  1. Sounds like this week was great just to make up for last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What blessings our far away friends are! So glad you found the keys. I do that with my sun shades all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Husband is always misplacing things. He'll swear that he put something where it belongs and the kids or I have moved it. Then I find it and he say oh yea, now I remember leaving it there. lol

    You had a good mail day! Love those panels in the second picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again