Monday 2 May 2011

Blocks & Socks

I hope that you enjoyed our Royal Wedding which was on Friday us Brits do Pomp & Ceremony well I wish the couple a very Happy Life Together.
Well I am still working on the quilt which is for a wedding gift should be finished later this week.
I have done some blocks it for a swap on my Online Quilting Group the block is called Next Door Neighbour  & this is what is going to the 2 names drawn this month.

I also done a pair of socks in Bamboo it Happy Yarn which is 75% bamboo 25% nylon (polyamide) the colour is Jupiter (2513)


I haven't had any further sock orders so not knitting any at present, which is okay with the quilt I need to finish
Also on my group we are doing a KYO-BOM which is Keep your own Block of the Month in this those who signed up for it pick a block for one of the months so May's one is
called   Lover's Knot  This one I rather like & if you look on page 2 & at what some have done there is a lovely quilt done using Black White & Floral it the one done by Julia I may do this for my DD wedding quilt but using red not a 100% as I am also liking one or 2 other ones so not made up my mind yet
On the KYO-BoM I have to choose June's one have a few ideas but not decided yet, I am hoping to make decisions on blocks & quilt once the quilt is done & may be even after the 2 weddings this month the 1st will be for the one I done the quilt for which I will show later in the week, then a week after that wedding we have another one to attend so a busy month for weddings
I just ordered a new dress hoping it arrives in time & that it will suit me I will look for something else for DD wedding in October
 

3 comments:

  1. The blocks are so pretty - I just love stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are very nice.I like the top one. I didn't even notice the stars until I read the comments.

    I like the color changes on these socks. The changes so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the wedding, but liked Diana's more. See that you are busy with sewing. Your socks are lovely as usual.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again