Thursday 31 May 2012

Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Have edited this post so I could put in better photos which my husband Greg took he takes better ones than me lol


I am posting not crafts but something a bit different well it is craft but not by me.
A Lady (Kathy Bowman) near me has decorated her front garden for the coming Diamond Jubilee this week-end.
Our Queen came to the throne in 1952 & had her Coronation June 1953 so this week-end is a extra long week-end for us in the UK we have the Monday & Tuesday off.
Just to say that 1st is also my DH 60th birthday so it is his diamond birthday lol
The lady has knitted most of the dolls clothes or the dolls she said she had great pleasure doing it over the winter what more is there than getting pleasure from what you do
She has on the tier (2nd photo) "Proud to be British"
Happy Jubilee to our Queen 
So here are the photos I took

















5 comments:

  1. What great pictures. She is proud to be British and I love it when people are proud to be their nationality. I find Canadians are not as proud as we should be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she has really done so much work, what a project and she must be so proud! Please let her know that it's just awesome to see!
    And isn't it nice that you have such a close up view also?!
    Happy Queen's Diamond Jubilee
    and Happy Hubby's Diamond Birthday!!
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, these are great. I love the doll king and queen. The colors are wonderful too.
    Happy Birthday to your husband.
    Blessings, Tina
    tfrice@comcas.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Janice!! My husband and his family are all British, so are always interested in the royalty!! I have to show him these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to the lady, what a grand display she put on for folk.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again