Wednesday 18 April 2012

Ideas for Use of Fabric

In my previous post I asked for ideas on how to use the fabric which has large images on this lot being floral
Well a friend had done a quilt which she called Batik Top it was from a pattern in 


"McCall's Quilting: America Quilts Hometown Favorites" May 2010


America Quilts Hometown Favorites

The pattern from this was called "Hope"  she says the following
Finished square is 16" the sashing is almost 3".The centre Batik square of each one is 8"(I think)

I think you will agree she done a beautiful job on this quilt & it would allow you to show off fabrics that have large print areas.

Being such larger blocks is something I never thought of doing using this or even some of my other fabrics which i not used not because I don't like them but because I just not been sure how to use them.

The block looks like Shoo Fly to me, so what other blocks would you suggest when you want to use fabrics with large prints to show it off I will look forward to hearing your suggestions

Linda's Quilt Batik Top



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again