Monday 21 June 2010

6 Ply Socks

I have not been feeling great the past few days been feeling light headed/dizzy that sort of thing when the room starts to spin sometimes when you get up quickly from bending down.
Not sure but I have in the past had a bad bouts of this with the room spining & being sick I was in bed with it for a week I have had this a few times like that so I do have some sick tablets so I been taking them as I feel as I am on the edge it not kicked off but could so best to start to take them.
While feeling like this I not been knitting or even reading as I think eye movement don't help.
I had done a pair of socks these are done in 6ply yarn it the Online Welliness II range it has Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil & Vitamin E in the yarn it 75% Superwash Wool & 25% Polyamid
They knitted up quickly & was nice to knit I did them by casting on using 4mm needles & doing 1 row knit then I changed to 3.50mm ones & started to do the knit 1 purl 1 rib I do all my socks in this sort of method that I use a larger size needle to cast on & do the first row I use the Double Pointed needles so use 4 (3 with stitches on 1 to knit with) I also never measure now I tend to knit by rows I count the rows as I find that I do then get both socks the same size yet the first ones I did I measured & no matter how I tried I found that I could still be out slightly so this way I just click each row then when done each section I just reset to zero & click on the next section.
I am not sure if these will be a gift as DH may like my socks he certainly not in to multi colours he says he can't wear jazzy socks he likes the plain/solid colours & even then if they are too light he not happy he more fussy than a woman lol
I think these may be a gift for a family member who has a birthday in a few months
I am hoping that I will be doing some sewing later I want to do a Knitting Needle case plus need to do a sort of roll for DH back

3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon.

    Great socks by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the socks. Take care and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope it clears up soon.

    I love the colors in these socks. They are not too wild. I understand about picky husbands. Men are much worse than women lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again