Tuesday 16 March 2010

Starting My Quilt

I have finally started the blocks for my quilt I will be doing 3 different blocks plus Sunbonnet Sue on a WoW background.
This is a photo of the first set of blocks, the other 2 blocks will be bright as well & the SS is done in 1930s fabric, I can't take credit for doing them as I bought them ready done just have to press them on to fabric & join the pieces that will be the last part as I want to make sure all the blocks come out the correct size before I start cutting the backing fabric.
I am using bright light colours for the quilt I will be using 3 different colours of the same range for the borders, & the blocks most are in the same range but different colours only had to add in another range for 2 of them but again where possible same range you see as I progress further.
As I mention about the Eleanor Burns books well I did order some books I ordered Egg Money Quilts, Orions Star & Sunbonnet Sue book well I may as well learn how to do it myself lol they should be here between next week & just after Easter.
I have finished the 1st sleeve on the Aran sweater & working on the 2nd I have already done the neckband so once sleeve is done just have to then sewn them in & sew up.

3 comments:

  1. I love Sunbonnet Sue, so I'm anxious to see your blocks. The alternates look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you have chosen so far! I love a nice bright quilt. Can't wait to see the next set of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice I can do Sunbonnet at the group if you like
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again