Wednesday 17 March 2010

More Blocks

Top of the Morning to You, Happy St Patrick's Day & may the Luck of the Irish be with you.
Well yesterday I had my friend over & we attempted our first go at some Flying Geese & they went quite well am pleased with them we did it the Eleanor Burns way as I have some of her Quilt in a Day Templates for Flying Geese so we did that.
After my friend left I managed to do the 4 blocks I need for my quilt in this pattern & colours just right with today being St Paddy's day lol
These have come out really well & are even bright than the photo shows
I have one more pattern block to do & have to do 5 of those, pieces cut but have to sew the triangles cut & press then start to assemble them once that all done I will cut the background fabric for my Sunbonnet Sues so am hope that I will be able to start on that very shortly, Friday I am not sure what my friend & I will try as we said we want to try new things if we not working on a project, I do also want to see if I can do a block say a star that uses the flying geese method in it just so I can say I done it.
On my Knitting I will have the sleeve finished today & will be able to start to sew it up so that will be finished & ready to post by end of the week.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you've mastered the flying goose block. It seems so many things I've worked on recently have geese blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful geese! I love the green friendship stars! They will look great with yesterday's blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just right for today Janice.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blocks, they look great

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy day. Your flying geese look good, is it really the first time you've done them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again