Wednesday 30 March 2011

Pinwheel Method & Socks

I have cut all the fabric for the 1930s pinwheel quilt i am doing which is for DH's Cousin Wedding in May I am going to use the Missouri Star pinwheel method click  Here   to see video only difference is that i am using layer cake size (10 inch squares)
I haven't managed to do any actual sewing as i have had a bout of Vertigo so no sewing for me, also i have packed up my machine so it can go for a service also to get the dog feed sorted as i can drop them using the slide lever but it won't come back up after using it
I been watching some of the DVDs i got which are the Quilt in a Day ones, well i need to think about what i will do my DD quilt in as she gets married in October so need to decide on that & the fabrics but not too worried yet as as need the cousin's one done & out the way
I just finished an 2 sock order which has been done in ONline Yarn their Forest Colour Range which is 75%  Virgin Super Wash Wool & 25% Polyamide the colour is 1296 & 1297
I will show you the colours in the range & then you can see the socks themselves
Forest Colour 1296
Forest Colour 1297

The socks will be on their way to the USA soon

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that the vertigo is back again. I hope it doesn't last long. As always, the socks are just beautiful. Good luck with the 2 quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the vertigo, it must be horrible. The socks look great though, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that your vertigo is back. It sure is stubborn and doesn't give you much of a break.

    Of course your socks look wonderful as usual. I see you picked up some sock forms. Do you like them?

    I bought a bunch of 30's repro fat quarters but haven't decided on a pattern yet. I might have to go with pinwheels also. 30's fabric always looks great as pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again