Sunday 20 July 2008

Aran Sweater Finished


Well I have finished the Peach Aran sweater today it all sewn up this one has taken a little over 3 weeks where the other one which was 2 sizes smaller took 4 weeks so am either knitting more or getting faster lol
Am not sure what I will start next I got a pattern for a jacket which you can wear on a cold winters day it uses thick chunky yarn & is done on 8mm needles but getting the yarn here in the UK is not quite so easy unless you wish to pay a lot per ball.
I do have some Mint Green Aran yarn so may do a cardigan for my next big item, in the mean while I could do some dishcloths on the knitting front.
I do want to get some quilting items done & make a start on items for Christmas so will be doing some sewing more during the day for a little while & just doing any knitting in the evening.
Our weather is still all over the show & while it warm we not really seeing summer yet hope we get one as so far we haven't had it well I hope that this finds you all well & your family take care & thank you for reading my Blog

3 comments:

  1. You've done a beautiful job! Wow and just over 3 weeks. What size needles did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is lovely Janice.
    I didn't know you had a blog.
    Will look forward to hearing about your next project when you decide what it will be.
    Hugs,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow janice that look sbeautiful and I can feel the warmth just looking at it-I do so miss wearing lovely knitted garmets,no need for them up here
    cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again